- Becoming a teacher: Thursday is my last official day of my "field observations" out in good ol' Mukilteo (which is a solid 23-mile commute from my apartment). I've been waking up at 5:30 in the morning, which is definitely taking its toll on me. I don't know how the heck those kids get to school by 7:20 every day. It makes no sense why their school starts so early, especially considering that teenagers require the most hours of sleep. But anyway... tomorrow I get to "shadow" a sophomore from one of the honors English classes, so that should be pretty interesting.
- Iron Girl 5K: On Sunday my mom and I ran the Iron Girl 5K, and I set a new record-- I got my slowest time ever! I'm attempting to cheer myself up about it by laughing, but the truth is I'm pretty disappointed. I guess mostly still mad at myself for getting so gung-ho after my previous race in July that I launched into a massive running campaign and ended up killing my calf, setting myself back a month. But I learned my lesson (well, at least I hope I did), so this time around I'm going to give my legs the proper rest and then step it up a few notches.
- Veronica Mars: Cassie and I are completely obsessed with it. I absolutely love the show. We're halfway through the first season, and we've got two more discs coming via Netflix tomorrow. On Saturday afternoon, after I got home from work, I was so exhausted that I sat down on the couch and watched seven straight episodes of Veronica Mars, moving only to get more food. I think I might be an addict.
- My new job: My new part-time gig is working as a gymnastics instructor. Those of you who know me would find this funny for several reasons:
2) I'm about a foot too tall and fifty pounds too heavy to be a gymnast (and I'm not that tall or that fat).
2 comments:
I am completely obsessed with Veronica Mars too. I watched 7 episodes straight one night when Alex was playing Scrabble. I love that show too. Alex probably won't admit it to you, but he loves it as well. He likes Logan a lot (because he's an a$$). Personally, I think he wishes he was Veronica during the LoVe kissing scenes. Hehe. Kidding.
Anyway, the finale for season 2 is weaker than for season 1. It's still good, but it's weaker. Alex hated the finale for 2.
Can't wait for October-whatever-day season 3 starts.
How did you end up teaching gymnastics?
Try to pick a cool 10th grader. Someone you can talk to Veronica Mars about, ideally.
Post a Comment