2006 concluded with record rainfall for the month of November, a snowstorm, and a memorable windstorm that knocked out power in the greater Seattle area for days (weeks in some places). And 2007 is off to a bang with a treacherous icestorm. Our governor has declared two states of emergency, and kids have missed more school around here than they have in over a decade, which they might not even have to make up this year if the school districts are granted waivers. Otherwise kids will be going to school until July.
And then there's lucky old me, who keeps getting out of school and/or work for various weather-related catastrophes. Missing school is always awesome, no matter how old you are. Missing work is pretty cool too, although it'd be even better if I still got paid for my hours missed...
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The weather down here is kind of crazy too. Nothing like up there, but it's been freezing (literally) at night and colder than normal during the day. I don't remember the last time I've had to wear a jacket at high noon, but I had to this weekend.
Post a Comment