Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy birthday, Hector!

Today is my kitty's birthday! Well, technically it's our one-year anniversary together. Since he was a stray, I decided his birthday is the day that I adopted him (which is coincidentally Earth Day as well as my grandpa's birthday). I can't believe I've had Hector for a year! In honor of his birthday, here are some of the highlights of the past year we've spent together:

-Hector attempting to eat a poster hanging on my bedroom wall in the middle of the night (which unfortunately has become a habitual routine)
-Hector climbing into my kitchen sink at my old apartment
-Hector sitting on my lap for the two-hour duration of the Leo version of Romeo and Juliet the very first night I got him
...and the number one most memorable Hector moment...
waking up to the smell of crap one morning last spring, realizing that there was a brown smear on my pillow only inches from my face, and seeing Hector standing on my bed, a dingleberry stuck to his fur.

Happy birthday, Hector of Troy! I love you!

2 comments:

Nick said...

Happy Birthday Hector!!!

McBean said...

Your number one moment made Alex and I laugh so hard we cried.