Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Close call
It seems that my streak of bad luck with parking tickets may finally be coming to an end. As many of you may recall, this summer I received three parking tickets in quick succession, and successfully argued my way out of one and a half of them. It seemed I had an uncanny knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Well, over the past four months, I have developed a sort of parking paranoia, and, as a result, have been hyper-sensitive to everything regarding proper parking-- including re-parking my car countless times to ensure that I am the requisite distance away from driveways and curbs. My parallel parking skills reign supreme now, as I parallel park my car roughly 2-3 times a day. Anyway, in the midst of my resolute attempts to win back the meter maids through karmic parking powers from beyond, it completely slipped my mind that I had parked in a metered spot last night and was supposed to wake up and move my car by 8am. As it turned out, I forgot to set my alarm and woke up at 9:30 this morning. I stumbled outside bleary-eyed and half-asleep, praying that I wouldn't see the familiar white envelope tucked under my windshield wiper. My months of parking paranoia must have paid off and transformed my luck-- there was no ticket on my car, and not a meter maid in sight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment