Thursday, September 04, 2008

It's been awhile...

I know, I know-- I've neglected my blog for over a month now. And I'm actually legitimately bummed because I've had several anecdotes that would have been fun to share...from being made fun of by an Apu lookalike for driving a U-Haul to being serenaded outside on my lunch break with a really awkward rendition of Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls."

Unfortunately, in the world of blogging, too much time has elapsed for me to write about these stories and give them the proper credit they deserve.

So what have I been up to this past month? In a nutshell, moving, unpacking, getting settled, spending exorbitant amounts of money at Target on apartment decor, and visiting my familia at their new Houston hideaway.

Sadly, amidst all of the chaos associated with moving, I have barely been running. I can't believe I ran a half-marathon three and a half months ago, and now I've probably run that total distance over the course of a month. Now that school has started up again, I'm transitioning from my "normal" summer work hours back to my "weird" afternoon/evening hours, so hopefully I'll get my butt in gear and start running again. There's a race called the Pumpkin Push that's held in October, and I'm thinking about doing it because, (1) I need a goal, (2) I love pumpkins, and (3) the last time I ran at the park where it was held was at a cross-country meet in high school...which was 10 years ago (scary, I know). All this talk about running means I should probably go run now before it's too late...

No comments: