Monday, June 19, 2006

More "potty talk"

Another bathroom conversation with one of my toddlers...

(Amelia and Owen are sitting on adjacent potties)

Amelia (to me): Does Owen have a 'gina?

Me: (Contemplating how much information to divulge)

Amelia: Does Owen have a 'gina?

Me: *Sigh.* No, he doesn't have one.

Note: I contemplated on whether to correct Amelia on her pronunciation of "vagina" or respond with a simple, "Owen has a penis," which would undoubtedly result in even more questions.

2 comments:

McBean said...

My mom likes to remind me that when I was little and first learned those words (preschool-ish), I used to go around telling adults what part they had. "You have a VAGINA" or "You have a PENIS."

Occassionally I'd be wrong and humiliate her more than when I was right.

Tom said...

It's funny. I used to ask that same question about Alex when he didn't want to play Smash Bros.