Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Embarrassing moment
I am one of those unfortunate people who ultimately ends up embarrassing herself more frequently than the average person. Today (or technically yesterday, I suppose, since it's almost 1am), I had just finished a tutoring session with a student. The dad was waiting by the door and I stood up to go and introduce myself to him. Instead of making a graceful introduction, I stood up, catching my foot in the chair I had been sitting in, tripped over my foot and stumbled several feet across the room, flailing my arms in the air, and knocked the chair to the ground, stopping myself before landing flat on my face. What a great first impression. I attempted to regain as much composure as I could, shook the dad's hand, and told him that I was trying to make a grand entrance. I think he felt sorry for me. Hopefully he doesn't think I'm an incompetent tutor just because I have under-developed gross motor skills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment