Monday, February 04, 2008

Life in the fast lane

I came to a realization about myself today: I like moving fast. And I totally don't mean this in a creepy or sexual way. I think it has to do with efficiency. And competition. I like finding the quickest way to get places and I'm obsessed with "expediting the process"-- the process of what, you may ask? To which I reply, the process of anything-- making dinner, returning Netflix movies, writing notes for work-- whatever it is, I want to get it done fast. But my need for speed doesn't stop there-- it continues with my love for moving fast. I mean, we're talking raw, kinetic energy. I like to run fast. I like to walk fast. Sometimes I like to drive fast. But when I was sitting in orchestra today, playing my violin, I realized that I love sixteenth notes, and I love (attempting) to play them as fast as I can. Which leads me to two possible conclusions: I'm either ridiculously efficient, or insanely competitive. You decide.

No comments: