Friday, February 29, 2008

Run, run, run, as far as you can!

Last week, my dad and I saw Spirit of the Marathon, an incredible documentary chronicling various runners training for the Chicago marathon. Needless to say, I felt very inspired after watching the film, and it got me thinking...how far can I run? I've been doing 5K (3.1 miles) races for a couple years now, and last October I branched out and ran a 10K. Anyway, I've come to the decision that I need to take advantage of my life of poverty and leisure (which may not be so leisurely very much longer since I really am becoming quite poor). So therefore I have decided to train for a half-marathon (13.1 miles). The weather has been beautiful in Seattle the past couple weeks, and with Daylight Saving Time and spring just around the corner, it's the perfect time to train. I have 11 weeks to whip my butt into shape for the race-- wish me luck!

No comments: