Wednesday, November 22, 2006

iPod Nano + Nike+= Awesome

This mathematical equation looks deceivingly complicated, but allow me to take a few minutes to plug (no pun intended) my latest and greatest tech toy (compliments of Nick). The Nike+ is possibly one of the coolest and most ingenious inventions ever. There's a small sensor that goes on your shoe, and a receiver that hooks into your iPod. The Nike+ measures the distance you run, calories burned, and pace you're running at. It stores your workout info and then automatically uploads it to the Nike+ website, where you can create goals for yourself and track your progress. It's the best running tool I've ever used. Of course, it sucks that my treadmill is busted, and that it's been pouring nonstop for the past 22 days (no exaggeration), but screw it, I don't care. I've been running outside in the freezing cold pouring rain all for the love of Nike+. And it feels pretty damn good.

No comments: