Wednesday, November 08, 2006

"You're the best around, nothing's gonna ever keep you down..."

These are the lyrics to the infamous quintessential-80s inspirational song playing at the end of The Karate Kid, and these are, coincidentally, the words that have been replaying themselves on a continuous loop in my mind for the past week. Yup, you guessed it-- it's tournament time, baby, and on Saturday, I'm performing my kata (choreographed fight) live and in style. I'm excited because I know for sure that there's at least one other competitor in my division (another woman from the dojo where I train, who'll probably kick my butt 'cause she's better than me). That being said, if we're the only two competing, at least I'll get silver. But don't worry, I'm always aiming for the gold deep down. I'm thinking of bringing a boom box and busting out the 80s victory songs to get me pumped, but in reality I'll probably just be feeling like I'm going to throw up the whole time I'll be so nervous with anticipation.

2 comments:

Tom said...

If you need anyone to come to the tournament and provide affirmations such as,

"Put her in a body bag! YEAH!!!"
"No mercy."
"Finish her!"
"Do what you gotta do, Marisa."

Please let me know.

Marisa said...

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!