Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm done!

Today was the last day of Block II for me! I can't believe I'm halfway done with getting my graduate degree. On Monday I start student-teaching-- well, I won't be actually teaching quite yet, but for the next 12 weeks I'll be in the field. I officially take over all teaching responsibilites at the very end of April. For now I'm just slowly getting integrated into the classroom and next week I'll start teaching a class a day. I can't wait-- I'm teaching a creative writing unit, so hopefully it should be really fun. And then I get to possibly do a unit on mythology, which would also be pretty awesome. Really the only thing that sucks is having to wake up at 6am every day, but I'll get used to it. I know it's really not that early, but classes on campus don't start until 9am, so I'm used to rolling out of bed around 8. Plus I'm more of a nightowl, anyway. Oh, and I guess one more thing that sucks is I'll be technically working 40+ hour weeks with my student-teacher position, but then I'll have to go to my actual job that pays me money on the weekends. So basically I will never have a break. I'll be working Sunday through Saturday. But I figure it's only 12 weeks, so I'll just have to suck it up and tough it out. And I do get a spring break, so I can't complain too much.

No comments: