Monday, May 01, 2006

Post Numero Uno

Well, I finally gave in and decided to create a blog of my own. It's either a testament to the degree of boredom that I'm currently experiencing or my near-desperate desire to write something-- anything. At any rate, I know that what I have to say is at least as interesting as what everyone else who has a blog has to say...and even if it isn't, well, artful elaboration is one of my fortes.

Today was that big immigration march and rally downtown. Unfortunately, I got off work right in the midst of the protest, just in time to see thousands of people marching down 4th right as I wanted to cross the street. So I ended up having dinner at McDonald's and then went to the library to check my e-mail and surf the net. It was better than attempting to take the bus home right after work, which would have taken God knows how long. I made it home by 8, and Hector was right at my door waiting to greet me. I found my sponge from the kitchen sink on the floor by my front door, so now I have some vague idea of what Hector does all day while I'm gone... and unfortunately, judging by the chunk of sponge strewn about the floor, I don't think it has anything to do with doing the dishes...

No comments: