Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back to the books

After one year away from school, here I am, back in the classroom. Yup, I just couldn't get enough of reading and doing homework...no, I'm being serious (well, kind of). I can't believe in another year I'll be a teacher! I'm of course excited to plan lessons and organize a classroom, but, and I'm being perfectly honest here, one of the things I'm most looking forward to is my "career wardrobe." Now, and my mom can totally vouch for this, ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to wear businesswoman clothes. I think they appeal to me because of the power and prestige associated with them, but I've had a thing for tailored blazers, crisp button-down shirts, and classy pants suits since I was really little. I know teachers aren't necessarily required or expected to be decked out in full business regalia, but as soon as I have a job next year I'm going on a major shopping spree: we're talking classic pumps, pencil skirts, cardigans, the works-- and of course, the wardrobe piece I'm most excited for: the blazer. Not a frumpy, masculine jacket with boxy shoulders, but a slim, fitted one. I can't wait. I might even wear my hair in a bun, just to complete the look.

5 comments:

McBean said...

You'll get over your thing for dressing up pretty quick I think. I'm waiting for a job I can show up to in pajamas...or just jeans everyday. Not that I have to dress that professionally where I work now. Although I think once I stop being able to pass for a student that might have to change.

Nick said...

I'm waiting for the chance to wear a lab coat when I am working... though I don't know if I want to wear goggles, they are rather uncomfortable to have on for long periods of time.

Nick said...

I'm waiting for the chance to wear a lab coat when I am working... though I don't know if I want to wear goggles, they are rather uncomfortable to have on for long periods of time.

Alex said...

Don't forget to make the kids do lots of reports, and never give them extra credit. If they want extra credit, tell them they just should have done a better job the first time around.

McBean said...

Alex likes to watch people suffer. Don't listen to him.