My friend Cassie and I went for a walk on Broadway today to go explore our new neighborhood. As we were walking down the sidewalk, I was checking out the restaurants along the street when all of a sudden my foot tripped on a dip in the sidewalk and I went plunging headfirst toward a metal chain and a table and chairs. It was absolutely terrifying, and probably the most entertaining sight that all 25 people who were either eating at the restaurant or walking down the sidewalk saw this afternoon. I never felt so unable to catch my balance before; it was truly scary. But I'm not gonna lie, it was also completely hilarious.
And here's another kind of embarrassing moment: Cassie and I were leaving Safeco Field yesterday and heading down the street when we passed by a slightly intoxicated group of young men. One of them looked at me and shouted, "Who wears short shorts? You do!" and pointed directly at me. It wasn't necessarily an insult, but it wasn't a compliment either. And I certainly was not trying to draw attention to my legs (which obviously are not that special). And I swear my shorts aren't that short. I just have kind of a big butt, so I guess that makes them ride up a little higher. But now I feel kind of inappropriate, so I don't know if I should wear shorts anymore.
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure my butt is bigger than yours. When I was in college, the guys who lived upstairs made up a song about my big butt and would sing it behind my back...and in front of it. I went to a small college, and I think at least of quarter of the school knew about the Alison's big butt song.
Keep wearing shorts if you want to. Things that come out of drunk guys' mouths doesn't mean anything.
It just goes to show how guys are WAY behind girls in maturity...I'd expect kids in junior high to tease girls about their butts, but in college? That's just ridiculous.
Your butt will never be as big as mine. Or J-Lo's. :)
True, I guess J-Lo has us all beat when it comes to booty.
I categorically disagree with boys being more immature than the ladies, especially in regards to making fun of each other based on looks.
Case in point, Alex and I would regularly make fun of each because of how good looking we were :-)
Post a Comment