Monday, December 04, 2006
The Shield of Invincibility is weakening...
As depressing as this is to admit, I fear that I am no longer as "unbreakable" as I'd originally thought. I've been feeling pretty under the weather for awhile now, which really sucks for several reasons: 1) I NEVER get sick. I've never missed a day of work for any job ever, and pretty much from eighth grade on I've had perfect attendance in school (including college, where the only time I missed three days of class was when I went down to LA to my brother's graduation). Of course, this is not necessarily something to be proud of, because it probably reflects my obsessive personality more than it does my invicibility, but in all honesty I really am a pretty healthy girl. 2) I hate feeling 75%. It's like, I'm not sick enough to have a legitimate excuse not to do things, but I feel like crap. I can deal with brief, intense physical pain more than I can deal with feeling semi-crappy for weeks. 3) I hate going to the doctor. I don't go to the doctor often enough to even have a regular physician, and I always feel like they're going to think I'm exaggerating my problem or am going to label me a hypochondriac because I'm a fan of self-diagnosis. That being said, I'm not deathly ill or anything, but I know that when I, a girl who's capable of eating twice her body weight in food, lose my appetite, something's gotta be up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been feeling crummy lately too. I thought it was because I started eating yogurt again after a long hiatus and my body was revolting.
I hate the doctor too. I've been about 7 times this year alone. I don't want to explain why, because it's just depressing and stupid.
Hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment