Thursday, July 20, 2006
Obsessions
The problem with me (well, maybe I should re-phrase: one of the problems with me) is that I get completely obsessed with things-- not necessarily in a creepy, psychotic way, but in an "all-consuming" sense. I guess the thing is that once I get really into something, whether it be running or moving to my new apartment, I honestly find it extremely difficult to think about anything else. I think of my obsessions as being almost akin to a state of mania, in which I'm basically on a manic high during these times. I think that I actually exhibit manic symptoms when I'm so consumed: difficulty with eating and sleeping, a feeling of invicibility, etc. (Of course, I experience these symptoms to a much lesser degree than someone who actually suffers from bipolar disorder-- at least I hope I do!). But I'd be willing to bet a fair amount of money that a CT scan of my brain would corroborate the assertion that my obsessiveness produces manic-like symptoms. Looking on the bright side of my exhausting states of complete obsession, at least I'm more productive than usual!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have you seen how I act when Smallville rolls around?
All I'm saying is that you're in good company :-)
Post a Comment